Sunday, February 24, 2008

A New Year

Ron and I started this year off spending New Years with our grandson Eli, and of course Nikki and Josh. This has become a tradition for us in order to let Mom and Dad have a night out on New Years Eve. We love spending time with Eli and any excuse or opportunity is immediately accepted.


(This is his CHEESE face.)










January was also our first trip to Arizona. Ron had always wanted to go to the Barrett-Jackson Car Auction in Phoenix so that was part of his Christmas gift. It was such an experience and we hope to have many more.







While we were in Arizona, we got to visit with one of Nikki's college roommates. Lauriann invited us to spend the afternoon with her and Taylor. We went to tour Old Tucson Studios which is out in the desert. It was the film set for several movies and TV westerns (i.e. High Chapparel, Little House on the Prarie, Hondo). They also had a carousel which Taylor wanted to ride.




We also got to drive into the Red Rock Mountains of Sedona. Such an unbelievable sight. They are appropriately named. Here are a few of my favorite pics.



I hope this isn't too much info. I still have lots to learn about posting but hopefully I will get better and have many more stories to share.

1 comment:

Gram said...

Welcome to the world of bloggers! I hesitated in starting one because I didn't think I would have enough going on to keep it current. I don't update mine as much as our girls do, but I am glad I have one. I am glad you do too!